Call for Innovative Proposals 2018
The Call for Proposals closed on July 10, 2018. Of the 109 submitted, 33 experiences were selected to be disseminated for their innovative and replicable character. Read the proposals in the repository and get to know them in our 2018 Regional Workshop on Innovations in Teacher Training in Bogotá, Colombia on October 25 & 26, 2018.
Objective of the Call for Proposals
The Call for Innovative Proposals 2018 seeks to document, select and disseminate progress in the sphere of teacher training in the Latin American and Caribbean region, from a transformative perspective. The call for proposals seeks to promote regional experiences which incorporate novel components in initial and in-service teacher training. It also seeks to give visibility to these innovations and provide support for those wishing to implement them, thus fostering a new vision of the teacher profession. This vision would have teaching a more appealing profession for future generations. Some innovative initiatives will be selected, especially those combining modalities and pedagogical practices for more effective teaching across all socieconomic backgrounds.
- Identification of 30 selected innovative experiences, duly documented.
- Participation of a member of each selected experience in a workshop for the exchange of innovative interventions.
- Virtual publication with tabs of each of the experiences based on a pre-established format.
- Creation of a repository in a platform with a selection of innovative experiences with potential to be replicated in at least one other country or in a province/department/state of the same country. These experiences will be documented and presented in a second workshop and a protocol will be created of the main steps to follow to replicate successful and innovative interventions in other contexts.
Criteria for the Submission of Proposals
- Introduce substantive changes to the teaching process and/or the academic organization of the teaching process compared to traditional programs.
- Refer to one of the following themes:
- Initiatives to attract and retain good students.
- Competency frameworks in teaching.
- Teaching modalities.
- Development of capacities in teachers.
- Quality Assurance in Teaching.
- Teacher training with a focus on early-childhood development.
- Letter of Certification from the Ministry of Education of the country OR the Institution where the innovation took place. This institution must have legal status and be officially recognized by the education authority of the country.
- Evidence of continuity in time of the innovative experience for at least two years.
- Presentation of conditions for sustainability and replicability of the innovation.
Detailed description of the themes
Complete list of the application criteria
Content of the Proposals
- A description of the problem or issue that the initiative addresses.
- Narrative that explains why the initiative is considered innovative.
- A brief explanation of the problem that you wanted to solve.
- The context of the innovative initiative (including coverage and summary of experience).
- The objectives of the initiative, its strategies and evaluation methods.
- Results and effects planned. When the proposal has already been implemented, the results should be documented.
Rules for the Submission of Proposals
- Use this platform.
- No more than 5000 characters (including spaces).
- Be in Spanish or English.
Evaluation of the Proposals
All the received proposals will be evaluated by assessors designated by the Steering Committee, who is in charge of selecting the key innovations to be included in the databank. The Steering Committee will select the most promising innovation and those with the greatest conditions (or potential) to be replicated.
Information on the evaluation criteria